Monday, October 10, 2005

A trip to Edmonton


As I write this journal, Tara and I are in our little green Toyota Echo driving back from Edmonton. We had a great weekend visiting with relatives at Tara’s family reunion on Saturday. Well, it was actually a 90th birthday celebration for her grandma, but just about everyone was there. I think my family is about 1/10th the size of Tara’s--there had to be about 40 people there… and that was only her dad’s side of the family.

I apologize for not keeping our blog updated. To be honest, it has been a very busy two weeks. I’m nearing the end of my class and have had to hit the books pretty hard. The good news is that in only 2 weeks, I’ll be done my studies until next spring/summer! I’ve decided to take some time off to enjoy being a father -- changing dippers and all of that fun stuff :) Jokes aside, Tara and I are getting more and more excited about baby T’s arrival. It’s hard to believe that in only 10 weeks (according to the doctor’s predictions), we’ll be holding our new baby boy or girl.

I think we’re getting very close to having all the main baby items purchased. We just purchased our stroller a few weeks ago (thanks to my mom and dad) and have also received a nice changing table and high chair (thanks to Tara’s mom and step-dad). It’s clear that the one item that Tara is most excited about right now is the quilt she just finished making. I won’t steal Tara’s thunder and will let her tell you all about that in the next blog.

Oh, it’s time for me to take over the wheel again. I’ll talk with you later!

-Mike (and Tara)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home